It's funny how we are always so busy these days. We're too busy to cook a proper meal for our families, so we stop at fast food joints, or we shop at the big box stores where we can buy ready to heat meals that give us time to call the office or check our email while we wait. We are to busy to pay attention when we drive because we have to be on the phone all the time. Or we have to put on our makeup. Or we have to finish eating on the way back to work. What I wonder is where we think we're getting all this time? Or what we would do with it if we had it.
I find this funny because I have been wondering where I'm going to get the time to start working on a coat I want to make. And I don't just want to make a coat, but I want to TAILOR a coat. That means a lot more work. I have been reviewing my tailoring techniques lately and there is quite a bit I haven't done in a while. Especially the hand sewing. But I want it to be special. It has to work for both cosplay and for general wear. And so on. . .
Now the thing that makes this funny is the fact that I got up this morning and watched a little TV while I had coffee. Then I re-arranged a room, did a couple of loads of laundry, went to the mall and picked up a notebook, some sharpie markers, and a roll of brown paper for patterns. After that, I went for smokes, got some groceries, stopped by a friends place and still managed to be home by 3:45pm. My point is there really are enough hours in the day if you need there to be. We have become so obsessed with time that we don't realize we have the time. Imagine if you had to get along for a week without your cell phone, or computer, or Tivo, or whatever. Ask most people on the street and they'd tell you that there is no way they could survive a day let alone a week. And I have to wonder how these same people got along before everybody had a cell phone or a computer.
I suppose that this post is really about getting along with what you have and finding a way to be happy with it and not worrying (there's that word again) that you're missing out on something. If you are the universe will find a way to let you know. And it will usually find a way for you to get it.
What the world really needs is for people to slow down and take the time to stop and smell the roses.
Cause they really do smell nice. . .
Be well.
Pagan Forge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.