from Dune by Frank Herbert:
"The beginning is a very delicate time"
Somehow that seems appropriate to the start of this year. At the end of the previous one I found myself without a job and having to move out of my apartment suddenly. I'm a Cancer. That means I don't like change, and sudden change is like having my own personal a-bomb going off. I'll admit that at first I was lost. I had no idea what I was going to do. I felt like the world was crumbling around me. I cried a few times, ranted and raged a bit, and still felt no better.
Finally I got my shit together, at what seemed like the last minute, and started to plan out the beginning of my new life. I found new living quarters (the first priority), and then got word that I got the job I wanted.
Now I feel that the world did me a favour. I had to shake myself out of the (very) deep blue funk I had been in for, well longer than I can remember, and I am starting to feel stronger as a result. I am, as a close friend puts it, 'emotionally reconnecting' to the rest of the world and the people in it.
For this, as in all things, I thank the Divine.
Be well,
-J
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice Writing!
ReplyDeletePlease explain paganforge.
JLS ;o)