Thursday, January 24, 2008

Heath Ledger R.I.P.

Heath Ledger is dead.

I must admit I was floored when I heard that on the news. He was only 28 years old. Rest in Peace Heath.

The thing I find that bothers me the most about this is not the fact of his death. Everybody dies when their tasks on this Earth are done. It is not for us to decide whether that death is too soon or not. I accepted the fact of my own death a long time ago, and well frankly, I've been dead before.

No, what bothers be the most is the way the media have glommed onto this and are doing what they always do. . .trying to pull a rating. As though that is more important than the fact that a talented young actor has died. Never mind the details. It's nobody's business how he died, or why. But the public has in the last 10 years or so, gotten the idea into it's collective head that they have a Right To Know.

Listen up people: Just because a person is a celebrity in the public eye, does not mean that we the public have a right of any kind to have a look into their private lives, unless they specifically invite us. People like Perez Hilton, who think it's OK to out celebrities, (it's NOT) have to take a serious look at the details of their own lives and ask themselves if they would enjoy the same level of scrutiny on them 24/7.

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I'm going to bed.

Heath,

Eternal rest grant unto him. May perpetual Light shine upon him.
(Wayist Blessing)

Be Well,

-J

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100%.
    Now, please explain paganforge (again) ;o)
    JLS

    ReplyDelete